Our reponse to Coronavirus
COVID-19 participant information.
The safety of our paddlers is the most important thing to us, so we have not rushed into returning to the water in the current Covid-19 situation. However, you should be aware that participating in any activity with other people at this time may bring with it some additional risks.
Please be assured that we have taken all reasonably practical measures to ensure that these risks are minimised during your activity with us; we are following the latest official advice and have produced additional specific risk assessments, will be cleaning/disinfecting all equipment prior to use and maintaining social distancing. As we are following the governing guidelines with regards to COVID-19, therefore activities are currently and will be subject to social distancing regulations and may be subject to change at short notice.
To help keep you, your family, fellow participants and our team safe, we would ask that all participants are regularly using hand sanitiser. To this extent, where equipment is being used with a period of less than 72 hours, it is being cleaned.
Please be aware that whilst we will be doing our best to adhere to social distancing guidelines, due to the nature of these activities, it may not be possible to follow the guidance, for example, if we need to do First Aid.
If you have been in contact with anyone with the virus or are showing symptoms which could be related to the virus, please do not attend the sessiont to protect yourself and others. Please contact us at the earliest opportunity to help us transfer your session to another date.
In order to help us minimise the risk we would kindly ask you, and all those people for whom you are making a booking, to please:
- Familiarise yourself with the Government’s advice on Staying safe outside your Home and Social Distancing, as well as any local lockdown advice;
- Bring and use your own paddling equipment if possible. [We realise many participants will not have their own equipment and therefore we can supply this as needed].
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to use before, during and after the activity as required. We do have some which will be on site with us at all times.
- Only bring those belongings with you required for the activity – this reduces the need for us to store your belongings. We will alert you to what equipment they need before the activity.
- Encourage your child to tell an Instructor (where this can be done safely) if they begin to experience typical Covid-19 symptoms during the activity.
- Notify us as soon as reasonably practical, if your child experience Covid-19 symptoms within 7 days of your activity with us.
We would ask you, and all those people for whom you are making a booking, to refrain from attending the activity if you or they:
- Are experiencing typical Covid-19 symptoms – a high temperature, new continuous cough and/or a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia);
- Have knowingly been in contact with /or near (within 1m) of a Covid-19 positive patient within the last 14 days.
- Are self-isolating with/suspected Covid-19 symptoms, or been sharing a household with others who are self-isolating with/suspected Covid-19 symptoms or as a precaution, in the last 14 days.
- Are aware of any other reason in relation to Covid-19 as to why you should not participate in the activity.
How we are working to keep you safe:
We have introduced a number of different procedures to help keep you, your fellow participants and our Instructors safe during COVID-19.
These are continually being adapted and revised as and when this is needed.
To ensure we are compliant as possible, we have also spoken with other Coaches/Instructors to observe the common ways within our activities and the best practice methods. We have also developed further risk assessments, specifically to do with COVID-19 and our activities.
Some of the procedures we have introduced are:
- Regular hand sanitising throughout activities.
- Cleaning of kit when groups are swapping over – including sanitizing to help prevent cross contamination. This is also included at the end of the day.
- If kit is being used within 72 hours, sanitizing it with disinfectant. Where possible, we are leaving kit for 72 hours to ensure that it is not being used.
- Our Instructor Team who are actively working with us have all undertaken COVID-19 awareness training which is endorsed by Sport England.
- We are encouraging the use of social distancing at all times and therefore when in previous years, most of our activities would involve different games, we are now changing our sessions. For this reason, some of our activities may not be available if we have not found a way to make it COVID safe.
- Our group sizes are currently 1 Instructor to 5 participants. Whilst you may see more participants, they will be in separate groups. Where possible, we are making this lower. For example, our summer holiday courses are currently 1 Instructor to 4 participants.
- All activities are being carried out outdoors where possible. Whilst we may use a shelter, we are still ensuring air flow through the shelter.
- Limiting the number of people who can the on-site facilities at once.
- Temperature checking at the beginning of each daily session.
- Regularly reviewing activities and adding changes/adaptations as required.
Please contact us if you have any questions.